Thank you for considering Majestic Colours! We wish it were otherwise, but we cannot offer over-the-phone estimates at this time.
We are happy, however, to take our time to create a personalized, accurate written quote just for you. To make this happen, we kindly request consideration of the following:
- Filling out the “Request Quote” on our website.
- We have had a short phone discussion to understand the project scope and scheduled an on-site visit.
- At the visit, we had the privilege of sharing our unique painting process, alongside the opportunity to mutually going over all the detailed project parameters to ensure we are all happy and on the same page.
Top 10 reasons why we refrain from providing ballpark estimates over the phone:
- Lack of Accuracy: Providing an accurate quote without physically inspecting the property or space can be challenging. Without seeing the condition of the surfaces, the size of the area, the type and size of doors and trims, heights of ceilings, the type of paint required, how many coats are needed and any necessary prep work, it’s difficult to give even an approximation.
- Unforeseen Issues: There may be underlying issues with the surfaces that are not visible over the phone, or to the client’s knowledge such as water damage, cracks, or peeling paint, which can significantly affect the cost and time required for the project.
- Scope Changes: Customers may change their mind or request additional work once the project is underway, which can lead to complications over the initial over-the-phone pricing.
- Competitive Advantage: We do our job responsibly and prefer to meet with clients in person to build a rapport and discuss their needs. This personal interaction makes for a more efficient quotation and can help us stand out from our competitors who provide quotes over the phone.
- Professionalism: In-person meetings give us the opportunity to demonstrate our professionalism, knowledge and expertise, which instills confidence in the client.
- Avoid Surprises: We aim to ensure that there are no unexpected or dissatisfying surprises for our clients, upon any minor or significant difference in pricing between the initial ballpark estimate and the actual quote.
- Building Trust: Face-to-face interactions will help build trust. Clients often feel more comfortable hiring a painting company they have met in person and discussed their project with.
- Detailed Assessment: An in-person assessment allows us to provide a more detailed and customized quote based on the specific needs of the project.
- Prevent Misunderstandings: Miscommunications can easily occur over the phone, leading to misunderstandings about the scope of work, materials, or expectations. In-person meetings can help clarify these issues. This is very helpful for both parties.
- Different Class: Although cost may be important, we strive for results-based painting services versus price-based. This puts our company in a different class altogether and so therefore we do not compare our pricing and neither do we accept others pricing to be a reference or gauge.
We hope this helps to understand our position. Thank you.